Saturday, February 16, 2013

Face to Face Interviews

It was an early start on January 29th 2013. I woke up at 5am to get ready for my face to face interview and we left my house in Burlington at 6am to get to Toronto. Needless to say we were pretty early because the presentation didn't start until 8:30 but we needed to beat rush hour traffic. We found parking got some breakfast and waited around for interviews to start. It's a good thing we were early because there were different signs telling us where to go everywhere. It was very confusing but we finally found it. There was a few girls waiting around and more and more started coming. My parents left me there to mingle and that's exactly what I did.

MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE 

I met some amazing people just waiting around for presentations and interviews and it is definitely more fun to have someone to talk to. We got checked in and went into the presentation room and waited for everything to get going. While we were waiting there were muted videos in the background of Walt Disney parks.. it took everything in me not to cry. My friends and I kept turning to each other and saying how big our goosebumps were getting.

To warm you up they start with some trivia (maybe they end with some trivia I don't remember :P) but either way they do some trivia. It seemed that the group the day before us had some easier questions that everyone knew the answers to so they tried to make ours a little harder. And that they did. I like to think of myself as a Disney freak but I guess I really don't know the more professional side of things. They asked questions about directors and Disney presidents and I was like DAMMIT. They asked questions about Limited Time Magic (but I didn't get my hand up in time), and DVC. If you got the question right you win a pin, so no pin for Caitlyn. During the presentation they showed us a bunch of videos about what it is going to be like if you get accepted. It was amazing, it made you think that if you didn't get accepted it would be the most depressing day of your life.  They showed us videos about housing and residence events which sound AMAZING because there are pool parties, grocery bingo, and just so much to do all the time. We are living right beside my favorite outlet mall which will not be good for my credit card considering I will be beside my favorite stores on my off time and I will be spending my entire days window shopping pretty much... I am going to be poor. They showed us videos of our roles and a bunch of different things.

Once the presentation was over (about an hour later) we got our times to come back and be ready for the interview. It was 10am and I had to wait until 2pm. The interviews took place directly beside the Eaton Centre so my parents and I grabbed some lunch, did some shopping and then just waited in the lobby for the rest of the time. All day all I wanted to do was nap but at the same time I was too nervous and too excited for my interview. At 2 I went up and handed in all my paperwork and was told my interview would be around 3:30... more waiting. There was a lot of people waiting around for their interviews so once again...

MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE MINGLE 

It's awesome to be around so many different people who love Disney because it's all anyone wants to talk about and normally people don't give me the time of day when I want to talk about Disney. Before my interview there was alumni waiting at the door who was talking to people so I joined in on the conversation. He asked me a bunch of questions which really calmed my nerves. He asked things like What roles are you interested in and why? How does that relate to your major? What work experience do you have? Pretty much all the questions they would be asking me in the interview.

There are two different interviewers, Jill and Steve (I think that was his name) and I got Jill. She was super super nice and I loved her. She was so easy to talk to, normally in interviews I stutter and shake a lot because of my nerves but this time I just kept talking and talking. She started off by looking at through all my papers and the first thing she noticed was that I work at Justice. If you don't know what Justice is it is a SUPER busy tween story for girls and it is very very popular! She seemed very delighted to know how well I handle crowds and groups of customers. I have also opened up stores around the country which she was very pleased to know. I have head that people who have the most experience work at the bigger stores like Emporium, it is a slim chance but I am really hoping I get to work in Emporium or anywhere in Magic Kingdom really!!! Next she asked me about school what I was taking and where I hoped to go with it and why working at Disney this summer would benefit me. I want to work at Walt Disney World in my future or at least live in Florida so I have multiple doors I am looking at going through. I told her that I hope to work children and obviously Walt Disney World is a great place to get experience with that! Oh yes, and she asked me the obvious question "Why do you want to work at Walt Disney World?" Well that was an easy one because they asked me the same question in my phone interview (see posts below for more information on that!). She had worked for the Dream Squad and was laughing and smiling and recalling memories of her working with that when I told her that that was the reason I want to work at Disney she seemed glad to see it because she was apart of that. Once again please
DO NOT FORGET TO TALK SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THE PROGRAM 
if you want to work at Disney go do it, if you want to participate in this program tell them why! Because my interview was a few weeks ago I can't really remember much about it. I do remember that when she asked me about roles I gave her my top three and told her I knew the responsibilities of each role and why I had experience to partake in that role. At the end I told her I didn't really have questions for her because I had been searching up this program for years and she told me that I seemed very knowledgeable and she knew exactly why I had no questions. I felt like that was a good sign. If you want to be a character performer they measure you before you go and while I was being measured Steve had mentioned how crazy Justice is because he overheard us talking about it because he has daughters and I felt like that gave Jill an even more insider look at how much it takes to work there!

Overall, it was a great day and I am glad I mingled because it really does pay off to know people going into the program and to have people to talk about everything with. The good thing about technology today is that there are so many different facebook groups we are all apart of that we all get to know each other before we even get there! I am so happy I got in, especially after the presentation they showed and the hype from facebook!

Goodluck if you plan on applying, just be yourself and SMILE :D

No comments:

Post a Comment