Monday, March 4, 2013

Top 5 Positions

I am trying to keep sain here and in doing so I have decided to write down the top 5 places I would want to be placed in Walt Disney World!! I understand that we don't get preferences but it's okay to dream right? From what I have gathered through Facebook and other ICP blogs is that you get placed in a section, for example, Tomorrowland, and you rotate positions and placements throughout the day. You can start in Space Mountain arcade and throughout the day move around through the different zones and end the day in Buzz Lightyear Merchandise.

Top 5 Overall:

Main Street Kiosks- Magic Kingdom 
I have vaguely remember there being a hat kiosk or something on Main Street U.S.A and my parents had talked to the people who had worked there and they say it is the best job. Their kiosk is never busy and they work infront of the castle every day. I am hoping if I get placed in Main Street this is part of the rotation! 

Emporium- Magic Kingdom 
I would love to be one of those people who stands outside the shop waving with the Mickey gloves on in the mornings. Being able to stand in your store and here the castle shows or the parades! 



Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe- Magic Kingdom 
I love Christmas and would be fine having it being celebrated all year long! It is right beside the bridge beside the castle which I am totally fine with. The parade passes by everyday which is more than I can ask for. I know that there is a Christmas store in Downtown Disney but I like being in a park .. especially Magic Kingdom if you couldn't tell... 



Bonjour! Village Gifts- Magic Kingdom
I have never actually been here because I have never been to New Fantasyland but I would be so excited seeing as Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite movies! Anywhere in New Fantasyland would be fine by me and it sounds amazing. 

Main Street Confectionary- Magic Kingdom 
I would think this is more merchandise than quick service food and beverage and it's on Main Street where is would I love to work anyways. The way they make everything is so cool to watch and seeing people's faces light up at all the unique snacks would be so much fun. 




As you can see there is kind of a pattern in this. I would love to work at Magic Kingdom no matter what it is my favorite park and no where else where I would want to spend my summer. That is not only my top 5 overall but my top 5 at Magic Kingdom. 


Top 5 Hollywood Studios:

L.A Prop Cinema Storage
I like this one because it is right on the corner on the two busiest streets of Hollywood Studios. You can watch the parade from the shop. It sells everything a little kid would want to shop for which is who I would want to sell too. 


Sunset Boulevard Kiosks 
I love the outdoor carts, I would love them even more infront of the castle and I don't know how I would do with the heat but I still like being outside and seeing the people walk by. 

In Character
Right across from Playhouse Disney In Character sells mostly princess items. I would love to work in an all princess store where little girls are just in awe all the time!

Toy Story Mania Shop 
I am a huuuuuuge Toy Story fan and I would love to work with all Toy Story merchandise! 

Hollywood Boulevard Shops
Having all the shops connect on Hollywood Boulevard and I would love to work in any section of this part of the park! 


Top 5 Epcot: 

Mousegear 
I would definitely love to work in a big store. Just like the Emporium in MK Mousegear is I believe the third biggest store on property and it carries a little bit of everything. By selling a little bit of everything it gives me variety in my days. 


Club Cool 
I feel like being at Club Cool would be sooo funny to work at. All day long you watch people try the different drinks and I would get to see their faces after trying the Beverly! hahaha I can see it now... I can be so cruel. 


Pin Central 
As a pin collector working in any Pin Shop would be cool but if I had to work at Epcot I would definitely want to work at the pin store. It is one of the biggest pin trading posts and I would love to see all the cool pins. 


The Seas- The Sea Based Alpha Shop 
Everyone loves Finding Nemo and I am pretty confident in my Nemo knowledge so I would be totally okay working in a sea based shop. It is also inside where it is air conditioned! 


Image Works 
This is based in the Imagination pavillon which is always so much fun. I love the Imagination pavillon all the colours and games and I love Figment!

I do not want to work in The Land pavillon. There is something about the smell there that kills me. 

Top 5 Around the World:

World of Disney- Downtown Disney
 It sucks because it is always busy so you don't really get the chance interact with people. At the same time it sells EVERYTHING which is the best part. I would love to work in the Princess section outside of Bippity Boppity Boutique!


Once Upon A Toy- Downtown Disney
I love toys so I love this store. My family always tries to bypass it when we got to DTD but I love it. The decor in there is so cool and playing with the kids with light sabers, mr. potato heads etc. would be so much fun!


Disney's Days of Christmas- Downtown Disney
Like I mentioned before I want to work at a park but if I couldn't work at a park and celebrate Christmas I might as well celebrate it in the DTD Christmas store! 



Beach Club Marketplace- Beach Club Villas
I would love to work in a resort because you really have time to talk to the guests. I love the Beach Club and it's my dream to stay there one day. For some reason I really liked this shop, it felt so homey. 


 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Monorail Hotels 
I love the hotels on the monorail line so working at any of those would be awesome. I also love the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside (my home resort) and interacting with these guests would be so much fun!


I did not write about Animal Kingdom because not only do I not want to work there because of the hours but their merchandising isn't the best. There are no AWESOME shops, don't get me wrong they are all good but I just wouldn't be able to make a top 5. If I did work here though I want to work at the kiosk right outside of Kilimanjaro Safari's to here all the stories of what people saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment