Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Check In

Check in was on Monday but on Sunday Alicia arrived on via plane. She was supposed to arrive at about 10:30 but she had some problems with her flight that made her arrive at 8ish that night instead. Before she arrived my family and I did a little shopping and ended up at Beaches and Cream for a Kitchen Sink with our Disney friends. Our Disney friends took my sister to Hollywood Studios that day so we met up with them at Beaches and Cream. We then dropped them off at their resort which is Saratoga Springs and went to the airport to pick up Alicia. Once we got Alicia we made our way to Bay Lake Tower because we were going to watch Wishes from the rooftop DVC lounge. Oh yeah... our Disney friends are also DVC members. He treated us to some delicious chicken sliders and pretzels and I must say... they treat those DVC members like royalty because the food was soooo delicious!! Wishes from the rooftop was absolutely breathtaking! You could see the Main Street Electrical Parade from up there too along with the water parade it was amazing. I wish I was DVC member so I could take advantage of all the perks this summer. 

The next morning was check-in at noon. We had to drive my dad to Animal Kingdom to meet up with my sister and our Disney friends for about 9:30 so it was an early morning. We ended up going to check-in at 10:30 because we just really had nothing else to do but wait. Alicia and I ended up being the first ones there and because the arrival team wasn't busy they let us check in early! They were so polite. As soon as we got of the car this older lady came up and hugged us and said "Welcome Home!" Check-in was a BREEZE. We gave them our DORMS forms and passports and they checked everything over while we watched a welcome video. They even let my mom park the car and come in to watch the video with us. They offered all 3 of us fruit, granola bars and water. Once the video was done we received folders with our itineraries and our room assignments with keys. Thank god Alicia and I got put together as roommates or else things could have been a lot worse. We also are living in Chatham Square which is exactly what we wanted! We moved in very smoothly and then I decided since our wifi wasn't set up yet and there wasn't much else to do I would spend the day with my family before they left. So I hung around the pool all day and went to Cracker Barrel for dinner :) Once done there we picked up my sister and my dad from Saratoga Springs, picked up Alicia from our apartment and did some groceries at Walmart! 
I want to make it clear to everyone that there are no visitors that are minors allowed on the grounds past 7pm. We called and asked specifically because we wouldn't be there til 730-8ish and my little siblings would be coming. They told us on the phone as long as they were accompanied by an adult they were fine... well thats not the case which I know now. They ended up letting my siblings come in because it was their miscommunication that fucked us up! 
That's pretty much that for our check-in day! Things have been great and I will be updating as much as possible with pictures too!

No comments:

Post a Comment