Tuesday, May 21, 2013

First day of Disney Freedom!

All College Program participants are allowed to get into the Water Parks for free until June so I have decided to take advantage of it while I can. The first park I went to as a Disney Cast Member was Typhoon Lagoon with a girl I met in the immigration meeting. It turns out she lives in Burlington and goes to Laurier so she is pretty much my neighbour in every way! Her name is Kelly and is so so lucky because she will be working at Haunted Mansion.
Typhoon Lagoon had been closed all week because they needed to reapply for a water pump or something. The park was dead and I am assuming it was because no one knew it was open again or something. We got there about an hour after opening and did all the Crush'n'Gusher's, Shark Reef, Mayday Falls (or something like that), Lazy River and the Wave Pool! I got a little bit more burnt than planned.
As soon as I got home I grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to Epcot with Hailey. It was the only time I was going to be able to view the Flower and Garden Festival so we ran around Epcot for a little bit, mostly just the World Showcase. I tried Frushi and it was pretty delicious. Instead of Sushi and fish, it is FRushi. Sushi with fruit!














Afterwards we headed to Magic Kingdom for fireworks but before that did Space Mountain and watched the Main Street Electrical Parade. My friend Julia had only been to the Magic Kingdom during Traditions so she was in awe watching the fireworks and seeing the castle.









I have to say I got a lot done on my first official Disney day!

No comments:

Post a Comment