Sunday, May 19, 2013

TRADITIONS

 I was so so so so so nervous about Traditions because of how strict they were the day before. I was afraid my shoes wouldn't be appropriate, my dress was too short or the wrong material but I was really freaking out about my hair. While I was in line for Traditions waiting to get checked in a man tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to go with him. OF COURSE THIS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME. He casually walked me down the hall and mentioned something about having the wrong paperwork. I had no idea what he was talking about so I just went with it. WELL, it turned out he had picked out the wrong person in line and there was absolutely nothing wrong with me!! HUGE relief but at the same time... still kind of freaking out a little bit.
When I went to check in I had to tell them my name where they would sign me in but there was a star beside my name which made him have to check another list. This other list was the list of people who had to change their hair and he literally looked at me for a good 2 seconds and then gave me my ID. For all he knew I didn't change my hair at all but whatever I wasn't going to argue!! My friend Julia had to change her hair as well but because hers was more of a drastic change she didn't get all of her highlights out so here's a tip that she came up with... girls, if you need to hide some of your highlights run dark mascara through your hair and put it up because you can't see the blonde or the mascara!! GENIUS.
So Traditions starts off pretty boring and is kind of mostly boring. A lot of it was repetitive because "Safe-D begins with me!" But they throw in some games and prizes to make it all fun! The history, present, and future of disney was interesting and I loved learning about it all! But of course the best part of the day was walking through the Magic Kingdom. You really don't do too much at MK but you do enough! You go through the Utilidors and my group entered through the Cast Member entrance beside Tony's and Le Chapeau. We walk up Main Street up to Mad Tea Party and then go back through the Cast Entrance to leave. We walk around Magic Kingdom to point out Disney's 4 keys, which trust me you will know all about when you arrive.

After Traditions of course everybody was doing parks because it's the first time you can use your passes!! But for me it was my family's last night so I spent it with them. They picked me up and we ate dinner at Applebee's and made our way to Downtown Disney to do some shopping. The first thing I bought with my discount for myself was a Disney Trivia book and I am very, very happy with this purchase! It was hard to say goodbye, but

"Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting"
-Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment