Monday, May 6, 2013

Crossing the Border

Well crossing the border was pretty easy. On Friday my parents went across the border to pick something up so they brought all my forms I had in a binder and asked if there was anything else I was going to need in order to successfully get everything stamped and so on. So this morning we got to the border at 4 amish, and we told the guard that my family was going to be on Vacation for about 2 weeks while I would be staying to work until August. 
He kept our passports and called someone over to take them into the office and we were told to stay together, pull up to a parking spot and go inside to wait for our turn. When it was our turn they called our name and went up. Luckily for us our lady was super nice and everything went smoothly. I gave them my J1 form, and SEVIS fee receipt and I got my fingerprints checked. We had to pay a $6 fee and then we were set to go. The fee is only accept in US cash or credit so just a warning to you all! I now have a stamp in my passport that says I will be working at Walt Disney World.

We went on to drive until about 6ish and ended up in South Carolina where we are currently staying for the night. The plan is to wake up and leave for 9ish, stop at an outlet mall, then check into our rental home, and finally HIT UP DOWNTOWN DISNEY.... WHERE OLLY MURS WILL BE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment