Wednesday, May 8, 2013

first park to kick it off.. HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Every year my family starts with Magic Kingdom as out first park and I have to say I was a little disappointed because of all the new stuff I wanted to see at MK that, that wasn't the case this year. We left the house with enough time to get there right for rope drop. As soon as we got in there (a little behind the crowd) we ran over to Toy Story Mania, grabbed fastpasses (which were only at 11:00) and jumped in the stand by because it said 30 minutes. This 30 minutes turned into 15 really quickly. I was very surprised by this because normally TSM wait time is so long as everybody knows. After that we ran over to Tower of Terror and and Rock'n'Roller Coaster because both of their wait times were really low.
We rode the Rock'n'Roller Coaster in the single rider line because we don't worry too much about being beside eachother, not when it means saving time. In the preshow there was this guy who was so into it! As soon as the manager asked if we wanted to join he threw his hands up and starting shouting YEAH! OOOOOH YEAH! and then when we got backstage passes.... boy you can imagine. I love seeing people so excited at WDW!
We then made our way over to The Great Movie ride and I am happy to say for a change we got the Cowboy scene! I have only seen this one a select few times so I was excited! Once we got off the GMR it was time for our TSM fastpasses! I kept feeling so proud about my score because I beat myself from the first time we played that day with 130 000... unfortunately I still came third behind my brother and my dad. Not fair.
We made our to the Backlot Tour afterwards and then ate lunch in our car. This trip we are on a budget so our lunch consisted of uncrustables, apples, bananas with nutella and crackers. It was pretty satisfying surprisingly because it didn't make you too full.
The rest of the day we pretty much repeated what we had already done and roamed around a little bit. We did the American Idol experience which we don't normally do and had a blast with it. The girl we all voted for Haley Davis had the full package she was beautiful, country, and an amazing singer!!!! She ended up winning the Dream Ticket and I wish her the best of luck!
For dinner for the very first time, we did not eat at Pizza Planet. Instead we ate at the Backlot Express which wasn't anything special just the standard chicken fingers and fries.

Now unfortunately my sister came onto this vacation with a pretty messed up ankle and as a rep soccer player we really didn't want her doing to much. Towards the end of the day she was not down to do anything but sit, and went my dad went to get her ice guest services offered her a complimentary wheelchair! This was awesome for her because she actually wanted to do some shopping this way. We are headed for MK this Friday and now knowing how convient the wheelchair is for her we will probably end up renting one at the very start of the day. My family is very iffy on wheelchairs because we hate the people that use them just for good seats or line boosts so we tried to avoid it as much as possible so those people who really need them are able to use them... it just turns out we are those people this vacation!

We stayed at the park until close and we were excited to watch Fantasmic while enjoying churros! Pictures to come soon... ;D!

No comments:

Post a Comment